(Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Exam is popularly known as UPPSC Exam which is organized by the authority Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC).
The UPPSC is the state authority that recruits the eligible candidates for Civil services to Group A and Group B of Uttar Pradesh.
Candidates are also hired for other state services for the branches like general administration, land records, land revenue, and so on. Basically, through the exam candidates are appointed to work in provincial services and government offices.
To know more about UPPSC Exam, candidates must go through this article to understand the syllabus and preparation tips.
Updated UPSC Syllabus
The Commission has parted the UPPSC Syllabus into three phases, Preliminary, Mains, and Personality test. To crack the exam, candidates must know the UPPSC Syllabus along with a proper preparation strategy. Check the below-given points of the UPPSC syllabus for understanding the subjects under each phase of the exam.
An Overview of UPPSC Syllabus :
- UPPSC Preliminary Exam- Paper-I (General Studies I) and Paper-2 CSAT (General Studies 2)
- UPPSC Mains Exam- General Hindi, Essay, General Studies I, General Studies 2, General Studies 3, General Studies 4, Paper -1 and 2 (optional subject)
- Personality test- Interview
Each subject consists of different questions and marks for the UPPSC Exam.
The subject-wise questions and marks are listed below which candidates need to know-
Read Also : Taupo New Zealand Accommodation Reviews
For Preliminary Exam-
General Studies 1: The paper involves 150 questions for a total of 200 marks.
General Studies 2: The paper involves 100 questions for a total of 200 marks.
For Mains Exam-
General Hindi and Essay- The paper involves a total of 150 marks for each paper.
General Studies and Optional subject Paper – Each set of General Studies and Optional subject papers involves 200 marks.
For Interview- The total mark for the Interview phase is 100 marks.
UPPSC Exam Highlights and Analysis
To know further about the UPPSC examination, let us check the highlights of teh same. Also, to mention, Byju’s Exam Prep prepares the students who want to sit for this UPPSC Examination.
Here are a few highlights and analyses of the UPPSC Exam that candidates should follow-
- Name of the Examination, – Uttar Pradesh Combined/Upper subordinate Exam( UPPCS)
- Recruiting body- UPPSC
- Exam level- State level
- Frequency of Exam- once a year
- Mode of examination- Offline
- Language of Exam- Hindi, and English.
UPPSC PCS Exam Analysis
The UPPCS Exam deals in a new way after 2018 by introducing the negative marking for preliminary exams of UPPCS and modifying the pattern of the Mains Exam. These are the new updates regarding the UPPSC PCS Exam which candidates should know before attempting for the exam. Analyzing the UPPSC PCS exam is useful for those candidates who are aspiring to qualify for the exam. Candidates must survey for previous year’s question papers to solve the paper.
UPPSC Syllabus Preparation Tips
The UPPSC Syllabus is a vast course that is not possible to get prepared for within 2 to 3 months for the candidates. For that, Candidates are advised to make preparation strategies for better understanding to deliver preferable answers during examinations. PCS exam is considered to be a higher-level competitive exam, to clear the exam candidates must prepare themselves in a logical and intellectual way.
Some of the preparation tips for the UPPSC PCS exam which will be helpful to qualify for the exam are given below-
- It is important to acquire deep knowledge of the UPPSC syllabus for the exam.
- Candidates can keep track of the chapters which are done by checking the syllabus.
- Candidates must study in detail for State PCS Exam and also in reference to the topic of Uttar Pradesh state.
- Aspirants must solve UPPSC mock tests regularly and as much as can to identify the difficulties and weaknesses on any topic of the syllabus for which they can try new preparation strategies.
- Candidates must read books related to Uttar Pradesh state for gathering knowledge of its economy, culture, tradition, geography, history, policy, etc.
- “The Hindu” newspaper provides ample information that candidates can know by reading to develop good writing skills.
Any candidates willing to appear for UPPSC Exam should follow the details provided in this article to qualify for the exam. Thus, the articles summarise all the necessary pieces of information including the syllabus, analysis and highlights of the UPPSC Exam.